Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Sephora Chic Week for V.I.B.'s 15%

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to share with you all what I got from Sephora yesterday!! I was soooo excited to shop, I waited all day in anticipation and I actually didnt spend as much as I thought I would and I think I only got 3 of the things that were originally on my list =) Here it is!


(from left to right)
Jack Black Lip Therapy SPF 25 in Lemon and Chamomile $7.50
Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Brunette $22
Too Faced Shadow Insurance $18
Boscia Luminizing Black Mask $34
Sephora Brush Cleansing Wipes $9
Sephora Tote Bag (in the back)

A Review in Short

Love how the Jack Black Lip Therapy in Lemon and Chamomile smells! I like that it has SPF in it and it doesnt feel greasy at all, it looks more like a gel. I wore it under my e.l.f mineral lipstick and it kept my lips moist throughout the night!

The Anastasia Brow Powder Duo I think is awesome! I tried it last night because I was so excited and its the perfect color for me, I have dark brown hair, so I use the darker color to fill in my arch and outer ends and then go in with the lighter shade to fill in the inner brow.

The Too Faced Shadow Insurance I got on a whim because I really love Urban Decays Primer Potion but I wanted to try something different. I used the Shadow Insurance with loose pigment and it made my shadow go on a lot smoother, brightened the colors and didnt crease!

Ive already tried the Boscia mask and I really really like it!! It really does make your face look more luminous and feeling really fresh and clean. But, there is a but, it does sting a bit when you peel it off, almost like a band-aid, so for some people it could be painful.

Havent tried the Sephora Brush Cleansing Wipes yet, but I will let you know how they are. For $9 I figure.. what the heck, why not try it. *Updated* Ok, so I just tried these out and they suck! They dont clean my brushes, at all, and they dry out so fast its almost pointless.. oh wells.. you win some, you lose some..

Soooo... I am very very happy with what I decided to purchase (besides the Sephora Brush Cleansing Wipes) and Im so glad I didnt go over board! I had to really stop myself, trust me! lol

Do you have any great beauty buys recently? I would love to hear about them!

6 comments:

Marie Pavlik said...

Great stuff you got <3 i also have the too faced shadow insurance, and it works great for me too, love it.
And LOVE your blog :)
Marie <3

Janalyn said...

Thank you =)) Im really starting to fall in love with the Shadow Insurance! I used it last night and it stayed put the whole time!

susan said...

At least all the items have been great! except for the Sephora one! lol. i think i'll pass on the boscia mask. i can't imagine pulling my skin on my face!

Janalyn said...

I know right.. thats the only thing about that mask.. after I run out of that one I think Im gonna try the Juice Beauty Apple Peel =) just because it sounds yummy!

Red Lips, Black Hair said...

Fabulous haul! YAY you got teh bag, too! I've had my eye on the black mask since I saw it in the Sephora Spring mag, how is it? :)

Janalyn said...

@ Redlips, Black hair, Ive only used it once but it cleared my pores and left my face feeling really clean and smooth! I thought it would be messy too but its really thick so its easy to place and easy to clean off, just use water and it wipes away. I have acne prone skin too and it didnt irritate it one bit considering you have to peel it off =)